Sākumlapa  |  Forums  |  Raksti  |  Blogi  |  Galerijas  |  Zīdīšanas konsultanti  |  Nodarbību saraksts
по-русски   latviski

FotoGalerija

Nodarbības

FotoGalerija

FotoGalerija

Radošā darbnīca

Pērk un pārdod

MeklēšanaMeklēšana    GrupasGrupas    ProfilsProfils

Sākt jaunu tēmu Atbildēt tēmā
lapas
1 2 3 4
iepriekšējā  |  nākamā

Alja_S offline Alja_S Ziņojums Piek Nov 06, 2009 00:41 Atbildēt ar citātu

Ziņojumi: 4911
Pilsēta: Рига, Плявниеки

Murr :
What, by the way, is your most recommended way to learn new (like - ABSOLUTELY new) language?

I suppose something, what is really interesting or funny to read. So magazines (if You have a lot of friends in Prague, You can ask to send You some newspapers or magazines in Czech...something easy like Cosmopolitan, or Vogue, not Popular Mechanics Хихи ) And the first what remembered: Gashek - Shvaik (Even found how it will be in Czech: Osudy dobrého vojáka Švejka Внимание! )[/quote]

Oops, read once again and saw that You ask how to learn... but it seams I was still in theme what Deadlock reads, so though that You ask what to read Хихи But anyway, to read and to listen "live" language is very effective way Ok

Зорко одно лишь сердце (с)

Pēdējo reizi tika rediģēts: Alja_S (Piek Nov 06, 2009 00:46), kopumā tika rediģēts 1 reizi

uz augšu Aplūkot vizītkarti Nosūtīt personīgo ziņojumu

Murr offline Murr Ziņojums Piek Nov 06, 2009 00:42 Atbildēt ar citātu

Ziņojumi: 9708
Pilsēta: Prague, CZ

well, yep, the thing is that is really just a few phrases that is known so far...

How about audio-courses? Do they work, or not for everyone? Hus is making success after 2 audio-courses, I started one, but it makes me feel myself so stupid Краснею

murrmelade
Thanks God I'm a WOMAN!

uz augšu Aplūkot vizītkarti Nosūtīt personīgo ziņojumu Skype

Murr offline Murr Ziņojums Piek Nov 06, 2009 00:45 Atbildēt ar citātu

Alja - to read Czech - is quite an easy thing Улыбка Some style mags is a great idea, thanks! Cuz I have some recipe-mags, they are just funny, noproblems at all Улыбка

murrmelade
Thanks God I'm a WOMAN!

dEadLock offline dEadLock Ziņojums Piek Nov 06, 2009 00:50 Atbildēt ar citātu

Ziņojumi: 9834

I think TV is good. I've been watching german channels for a long time, and then i just began to understand german Улыбка and even speak alittle

miorica offline miorica Ziņojums Piek Nov 06, 2009 00:50 Atbildēt ar citātu

Ziņojumi: 2201

Murr, I have Tri orísky pro Popelku in Czech on CD. You might like it. Улыбка
Anyway, with Slavic languages you can always imagine and invent how the words might sound. The most important thing is to catch the right accent as quick as possible Хихи

lanka offline lanka Ziņojums Piek Nov 06, 2009 00:54 Atbildēt ar citātu

Ziņojumi: 473
Pilsēta: Rotterdam

Murr :
I started one, but it makes me feel myself so stupid Краснею

why? i heard you repeating - sounds really good

Да-да

macabra offline macabra Kreatīvā māmiņa
Kreatīvā māmiņa Ziņojums Piek Nov 06, 2009 00:54 Atbildēt ar citātu

Ziņojumi: 4321
Pilsēta: Рига, Пурвциемс

I guess, audio courses work well in case you have so-called audio-memory, then it's the best way to learn any new information, including language.
I remember myself learning German, absolutely new, like you mentioned. Started as everybody does - alphabet, simple grammar, common phrases, words... It goes on with time, just rolls like a ball, all you have to do - keep kicking and rolling it.
Try to make simple sentences with the words you already know, like kids do - I go home, I like winter, etc.
Print words, divide apartment into zones and stick words from appropriate zone - food on the refrigerator, clothes on the wardrobe...

Murr offline Murr Ziņojums Piek Nov 06, 2009 00:57 Atbildēt ar citātu

accent is just TERRIBLE to me. its absolute disaster. I hear, i understand, but when it turn to repeat - I mess everything up.

and this makes me feel so stupid like nothing in my life before.

it is simple!! it is so familiar to pronounce! I mean - its not like Chineese or smth like that... it just slovenian group language... uhrrr...

murrmelade
Thanks God I'm a WOMAN!

Kreatīvā māmiņa Ziņojums Piek Nov 06, 2009 00:58 Atbildēt ar citātu

ha-ha, girls, Chinese language is very easy to pronounce, when you get the point about the 4 variations of tone, believe me.

Kreatīvā māmiņa Ziņojums Piek Nov 06, 2009 01:01 Atbildēt ar citātu

Murr :
accent is just TERRIBLE to me. its absolute disaster. I hear, i understand, but when it turn to repeat - I mess everything up.

and this makes me feel so stupid like nothing in my life before.

it is simple!! it is so familiar to pronounce! I mean - its not like Chineese or smth like that... it just slovenian group language... uhrrr...

I suppose, you're nervous, 'cause you don't have so much time left and there've been only 2 lessons and you're that kind of person, who wants everynthing to be done in the best way or it's better not to do it all. correct me, if I'm wrong.
maybe just relax and take it easy?

Murr offline Murr Ziņojums Piek Nov 06, 2009 01:05 Atbildēt ar citātu

I guess what piss me off most is that hus is speaking quite fluent and his success is a lot noticable Улыбка

well, I will catch up.

murrmelade
Thanks God I'm a WOMAN!

Kreatīvā māmiņa Ziņojums Piek Nov 06, 2009 01:16 Atbildēt ar citātu

Murr :
I guess what piss me off most is that hus is speaking quite fluent and his success is a lot noticable Улыбка

well, I will catch up.

c'mon, don't get pissed off, look at it from another point - he speaks better->he can help you faster, and you work as a team!

dEadLock offline dEadLock Ziņojums Piek Nov 06, 2009 01:41 Atbildēt ar citātu

about an accent Улыбка you have to imitate, free yourself like you are playing. as if you were teasing someone Подмигивать

also very important with whom you speak most of the time. I was learning Latvian with Latvian literature teacher in 1st gymnasium. I spoke so well not even latvians could tell I am not native. But now? Подмигивать not much left

Nellen offline Nellen jefe de cocina
jefe de cocina Ziņojums Piek Nov 06, 2009 01:50 Atbildēt ar citātu

Ziņojumi: 7940
Pilsēta: Valencia, España

Murr, as you remember...I've been in the same situation a year ago.
And this is the second time when I started to learn absolutely knew language for me...
First of all, start to study the basic grammar course and simple phrases. (Audio courses help me not only to understand but also hear and feel the language better IMHO)
- find synonyms and antonyms for every unknown word.
- watch TV - news and cartoons Подмигиваю
- read simple books - for children or the special books for foreigners.
I have read my first serious detective in spanish!!! Rock two weeks ago!!!)
- In Chech Republic you'll fling yoursef into surrondings and the language will stick to you!!!

Relax...Take it easy Улыбка

Pēdējo reizi tika rediģēts: Nellen (Piek Nov 06, 2009 16:21), kopumā tika rediģēts 2 reizi (-es)

uz augšu Aplūkot vizītkarti Nosūtīt personīgo ziņojumu Nosūtīt e-pastu Apmeklēt autora mājas lapu Skype

Nellen offline Nellen jefe de cocina
jefe de cocina Ziņojums Piek Nov 06, 2009 01:59 Atbildēt ar citātu

Ziņojumi: 7940
Pilsēta: Valencia, España

and...I'd like to add that the associations connected with words help me get them by heart.

uz augšu Aplūkot vizītkarti Nosūtīt personīgo ziņojumu Nosūtīt e-pastu Apmeklēt autora mājas lapu Skype

SoundOfLight offline SoundOfLight Stiliste Ziņojums Piek Nov 06, 2009 14:46 Atbildēt ar citātu

Ziņojumi: 11805
Pilsēta: Scotland

Sorry for squeezing into your lovely conversation Краснею I just couldn't help but notice that most of our girls here translate what they want to say/write rather than think in English. The outcome is quite hard to understand (unless you speak Russian). Just a quick tip - don't ever try to translate anything (maybe just some new words) and never ever translate expressions literally. The best way is to read books and magazines, watch movies and even cartoons in order to pick up the right way to speak. Chat with the actual Englishmen or Americans at least and try to use their expressions rather than translate your own.

Words like "actual", for example, mean "real", "certain", NOT "trendy". I would recommend using Thesaurus http://thesaurus.reference.com/ to find the right word.

uz augšu Aplūkot vizītkarti Nosūtīt personīgo ziņojumu Apmeklēt autora mājas lapu

blueyed offline blueyed Ziņojums Piek Nov 06, 2009 15:27 Atbildēt ar citātu

Ziņojumi: 2804
Pilsēta: Иманта

OMG, this is one nice thing. In my desperate need of expressing English, I've started to post comments on the articles on usmagazine.com, that is how you start having a dialogue with other participants. Of cause, this is not best way how to improve the language Хихи

uz augšu Aplūkot vizītkarti Nosūtīt personīgo ziņojumu Nosūtīt e-pastu Skype

Alja_S offline Alja_S Ziņojums Piek Nov 06, 2009 16:14 Atbildēt ar citātu

Ziņojumi: 4911
Pilsēta: Рига, Плявниеки

SoundOfLight :
Chat with the actual Englishmen or Americans at least and try to use their expressions rather than translate your own.

BTW, it's quite difficult to chat with Americans and Englishmen in open forums or chats Уф! First of all they have a lot of specific expressions and shortenings, which is unreal to translate... Also Americans write with many grammatical errors... and use very simple phrases... a lot of slang. It is like to study Russian somewhere in the country village.

I think the most important is to have good vocabulary if You study language by Yourself... then the live communications only. Of course TV and movies help but when You come to the country, if You have good vocabulary, some grammar and no complexes then You start to speak good very quickly. Ok

Зорко одно лишь сердце (с)

Kristina_ offline Kristina_ Ziņojums Piek Nov 06, 2009 17:16 Atbildēt ar citātu

Ziņojumi: 2618
Pilsēta: Пурвциемс

Hi Улыбка
Can I join you? Краснею Цветок Just want my English make better Хихи

uz augšu Aplūkot vizītkarti Nosūtīt personīgo ziņojumu Nosūtīt e-pastu

Kreatīvā māmiņa Ziņojums Piek Nov 06, 2009 18:06 Atbildēt ar citātu

Sound, I totally agree, but... in order to think in any foreign language, you have to practice it for a long time, you have to live in native-speaking country so you can catch up all these idioms and phrases. Very few of us have such an experience.
I can think in Russian, in Latvian, but unfortunately, not in English.

Pēdējo reizi tika rediģēts: macabra (Piek Nov 06, 2009 19:35), kopumā tika rediģēts 1 reizi

Habibi offline Habibi Ziņojums Piek Nov 06, 2009 18:20 Atbildēt ar citātu

Ziņojumi: 1640
Pilsēta: Ильгуциемс

Hi, ladies.
What a surprise to read you all english-speaking Смешно
That's really a good practice for those who knows english well but can not use it every day because of latvian-russian-speaking society Счастье нереальное
so, let's chat Цветок

SoundOfLight offline SoundOfLight Stiliste Ziņojums Piek Nov 06, 2009 19:38 Atbildēt ar citātu

Ziņojumi: 11805
Pilsēta: Scotland

Alja_S :

BTW, it's quite difficult to chat with Americans and Englishmen in open forums or chats Уф! First of all they have a lot of specific expressions and shortenings, which is unreal to translate... Also Americans write with many grammatical errors... and use very simple phrases... a lot of slang. It is like to study Russian somewhere in the country village.

That's the point Внимание! Most people speak some form of slang. Very few use proper language Подмигиваю That's what makes the language alive and real and that's totally the reason why foreigners have problems with both speaking and understanding natives. Surely it's important to know the proper language, but you use the other one in real life Подмигиваю

uz augšu Aplūkot vizītkarti Nosūtīt personīgo ziņojumu Apmeklēt autora mājas lapu

dEadLock offline dEadLock Ziņojums Piek Nov 06, 2009 20:43 Atbildēt ar citātu

Смешно yep, if an american wanted to read our forum, he would be surprised
Очень смешно "мо я понимаю" "бо седня"

dEadLock offline dEadLock Ziņojums Piek Nov 06, 2009 20:48 Atbildēt ar citātu

For me to understand a native is much easier then those to whom English is a foreign language. Like people from India Заклеил рот

Kreatīvā māmiņa Ziņojums Piek Nov 06, 2009 20:52 Atbildēt ar citātu

Ok, if I want to learn REAL English, that is spoken on the streets, in pubs, at homes, shops, etc. - how can I do it here, in Latvia? Forums, chats? Movies in English?

Sākt jaunu tēmu Atbildēt tēmā

lapas
1 2 3 4
iepriekšējā  |  nākamā

Iepriekšējā tēma ::  Nākamā tēma
Parādīt ziņojumus:   

Рига, Латвия
Otrd., 30/04
nakts

apmācies

/images/weather/n_3_10_0_0.jpg
11°..13°

Vējš ZR, 1-3 m/s
Atm. spiediens 769..771 mm
Otrd., 30/04
rīts

skaidrs

/images/weather/d_0_10_0_0.jpg
12°..14°

Vējš Z, 1-3 m/s
Atm. spiediens 770..772 mm
Otrd., 30/04
diena

mākoņains

/images/weather/d_2_10_0_0.jpg
16°..18°

Vējš ZR, 1-3 m/s
Atm. spiediens 770..772 mm
Otrd., 30/04
vakars

apmācies

/images/weather/n_3_10_0_0.jpg
13°..15°

Vējš Z, 1-3 m/s
Atm. spiediens 769..771 mm

Piedavāts Gismeteo.Ru

Tagad portalā 1 viesu un 2 lietotāju.
Ja Jums ir vispārīgi jautājumi, lietišķi piedāvājumi vai ieteikumi, uzrakstiet mums vēstuli
© KKM Klubs 2006 — 2022