Sākumlapa  |  Forums  |  Raksti  |  Blogi  |  Galerijas  |  Zīdīšanas konsultanti  |  Nodarbību saraksts
по-русски   latviski

FotoGalerija

Nodarbības

FotoGalerija

FotoGalerija

Radošā darbnīca

Pērk un pārdod

MeklēšanaMeklēšana    GrupasGrupas    ProfilsProfils

Sākt jaunu tēmu Atbildēt tēmā

helen offline helen Ziņojums Treš Dec 02, 2009 23:03 Atbildēt ar citātu

Ziņojumi: 1861
Pilsēta: Рига, Пурвциемс

Hello! Hi

This time I have chosen the article connected with chocolate. I do not know about you, but I am a great chocolate lover, especially now, when Christmas is coming and it is so cold and nasty outside, I enjoy staying at home and eating some tasty chocolate. Холодно Торт

As always the plan for the lesson is following:
1. to read the article
2. to check all unknown words
3. to write the replies on suggested topics and questions
4. to increase vocabulary. Work with dictionary, if necessary.

I am looking forward to your replies till next Wednesday! Ого
Good luck and have a good time studing English! Счастье нереальное

Citāts:
Things are heating up in the chocolate world. There is a lot of talk about who will win the contest for the chocolate giant Cadbury. Kraft Foods has offered $16.7 billion for Cadbury. It is the only official bid. However, industry insiders believe the American candy maker Hershey is also considering an offer of $17 billion. While Kraft and Hershey are battling it out, other makers may enter the fight. Nestlé of Switzerland and Ferrero of Italy have both made noises recently about buying Cadbury. The Cadbury chairman, Roger Carr, told a London newspaper he hoped his company could fight off the takeover bids. He did leave the door open for a possible bid, saying he would consider any “offer from a serious source.” This is sure to further raise the bid price. Cadbury is one of the world’s leading confectionery companies. It produces some of the most well-known chocolate and candy brands. The company started back in 1824 when John Cadbury opened a small shop selling cocoa and tea near Birmingham, England. The shop expanded into a factory and became so large, the area was renamed Cadbury. The company grew to become a multinational giant. It operates in over 60 countries and has a global workforce of 45,000 people. The size of Cadbury makes it a problem for Hershey to become successful in its bid. The American company has a market value of only about $8.5 billion, less than half of Cadbury’s. This is also a fraction of Kraft’s $40 billion value. Experts believe Kraft will eventually win.

Tasks

1. Do you like chocolate? Do you have your favourite chocolate?
2. What do you think of takeovers in general and about these particularly:
McDonald’s / Hilton
Toyota / Ferrari
Google / Facebook
Apple / Microsoft
Coca Cola / Pepsi
NASA / Boeing
Is it a good/bad idea for market/employees of these companies? Why?
3. Look in your dictionary to find collocates, other meanings, information, synonyms for the words ‘official’ and ‘bid’.

source

uz augšu Aplūkot vizītkarti Nosūtīt personīgo ziņojumu Apmeklēt autora mājas lapu

Podsolnuh offline Podsolnuh Ziņojums Treš Dec 16, 2009 12:32 Atbildēt ar citātu

Ziņojumi: 4207
Pilsēta: Планета Земля

Good morning!
I would like to join to the lessons.
1)I'm a greatest chocolate lover in the world Улыбка . I'm also staying at home and eating a lot of chocolate when it's so cold outside. I like all kinds of chocolate, especially with nuts.
2)It's hard to me to discuss about takeovers because of my low economical knowlege. And it's very individually for each enterprice. In general, if the enterprice is a bankrupt it's good way for this enterprice to be takeovered, because of necessary to save the part of market and also work places for employeess. About good or bad idea for the market - it's depend from conditions of transaction.
3)Official-a goverment official, official duties, an official statement
Bid-conditions of transaction Размышляю

Thank you and good luck!!! Цветок

uz augšu Aplūkot vizītkarti Nosūtīt personīgo ziņojumu

helen offline helen Ziņojums Piek Jan 01, 2010 15:12 Atbildēt ar citātu

Hello, hello!!! Hi Love
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2010 to everybody!!!! Новый год
Let's summarize the results of Lesson 7 and the 1st term of Working Club. Улыбка

The theme of chocolate is really actual for me, especially now, when every New Year gift contains a pack of candies or chocolate. Хихи
I also agree with Podsolnuh that results of takeovers depend on each particular situation. But main idea I suppose can be connected with competition on the market. If there are 2 great competitors, like Pepsi and Coca Cola, then the customers have bigger and ''better'' choice, rather then if there is the only monopolist which can dictate its own rules.
Also, it would be interesting to discuss with you more about Google / Facebook as we all are keen on Internet... Sorry

Concerning grammar, Julia, you did a great job- just some minor mistakes. Ok
Ex. it's depend from - better ''it depends on'' Улыбка

Thank you very much for participation in Lesson 7! Цветок Счастье нереальное
As it was announced initially, this was our last lesson in 2009.

Now I would like to discuss the vision of Writing Club in 2010.
Please, let me know how you would like to study English distantly and in written. I think that we should work out the most convenient way for studying not only for those who already know English but also for those who just started to study. Please, fell free to express all your suggestions even the craziest one. Rock

Stay tuned to Wrtiting Club in 2010! Счастье нереальное Поцелуй

uz augšu Aplūkot vizītkarti Nosūtīt personīgo ziņojumu Apmeklēt autora mājas lapu

sinij offline sinij Ziņojums Cet Jan 07, 2010 14:48 Atbildēt ar citātu

Ziņojumi: 1315

Helen, It will be great to continue our lessons in the same way as before; I prefer to discuss about children and parents, foreign countries and traditions, education in another countres. Ого

uz augšu Aplūkot vizītkarti Nosūtīt personīgo ziņojumu

DiaanaBolgare offline DiaanaBolgare Ziņojums Piek Jan 29, 2010 14:59 Atbildēt ar citātu

Ziņojumi: 173
Pilsēta: Imanta

I prefer this format of lessons, may be one should think of including skype possibilities to the experience...

Diana's Language Coaching
Говори уверенно. Воплощай мечты.
www.dlc.lv

uz augšu Aplūkot vizītkarti Nosūtīt personīgo ziņojumu Apmeklēt autora mājas lapu Skype

helen offline helen Ziņojums Piek Jan 29, 2010 17:07 Atbildēt ar citātu

DiaanaBolgare :
I prefer this format of lessons, may be one should think of including skype possibilities to the experience...

Good! Then another question-how often the lessons should take place.
Last year it was weekly, now I suppose it is too often, as there is no time to think and write properly. May be monthly? Подозрительно
About skype- I thought about it. Да-да However then it should be normal lessons, as in skype it is possible to switch on mic and talk, explain grammar etc. I participated myself in such kind of trainings and it worked perfectly.

Riska online Riska Ziņojums Piek Jan 29, 2010 17:13 Atbildēt ar citātu

Moderators
Ziņojumi: 31866
Pilsēta: Торонто

maybe once per 2 week

so as for me I' ll like discuss some intersting themes, but esse not for me... questions only if I "in theme", so I'm not a very kind student, but I like our club here ...

uz augšu Aplūkot vizītkarti Nosūtīt personīgo ziņojumu Skype

Sākt jaunu tēmu Atbildēt tēmā

Iepriekšējā tēma ::  Nākamā tēma
Parādīt ziņojumus:   

Рига, Латвия
Pirmd., 29/04
nakts

skaidrs

/images/weather/n_0_10_0_0.jpg
10°..12°

Vējš DA, 2-4 m/s
Atm. spiediens 768..770 mm
Pirmd., 29/04
rīts

skaidrs

/images/weather/d_0_10_0_0.jpg
13°..15°

Vējš DA, 3-5 m/s
Pirmd., 29/04
diena

apmācies

/images/weather/d_3_10_0_0.jpg
22°..24°

Vējš D, 5-7 m/s
Pirmd., 29/04
vakars

apmācies

/images/weather/n_3_10_0_0.jpg
18°..20°

Vējš DA, 0-2 m/s

Piedavāts Gismeteo.Ru

Tagad portalā 1 viesu un 4 lietotāju.
Ja Jums ir vispārīgi jautājumi, lietišķi piedāvājumi vai ieteikumi, uzrakstiet mums vēstuli
© KKM Klubs 2006 — 2022