Sākumlapa  |  Forums  |  Raksti  |  Blogi  |  Galerijas  |  Zīdīšanas konsultanti  |  Nodarbību saraksts
по-русски   latviski

FotoGalerija

Nodarbības

FotoGalerija

FotoGalerija

Radošā darbnīca

Pērk un pārdod

MeklēšanaMeklēšana    GrupasGrupas    ProfilsProfils

Sākt jaunu tēmu Atbildēt tēmā

helen offline helen Ziņojums Treš Nov 11, 2009 16:41 Atbildēt ar citātu

Ziņojumi: 1861
Pilsēta: Рига, Пурвциемс

Hello everybody! Hi

This site is dedicated to young moms and their problems, it means that all connected with childen is very important for us.
That is why for this lesson I decided to choose the theme related to the children and their health (may be the most crucial point to each mom). Да-да (could not find the smiley with mom and baby Ого )

As always the plan for the lesson is following:
1. to read the article
2. to check all unknown words
3. to write the replies on suggested topics and questions
5. to increase vocabulary. Work with dictionary, if necessary.

I am looking forward to your replies till next Wednesday! Цветок
Good luck and have a good time studing English! Счастье нереальное

Citāts:
Scientists have found a new use for children’s imaginations. To make the pain from stomachaches go away. The BBC reports on a new study that shows: “Children can be taught to use their imagination to tackle frequent bouts of stomach pain.” This may be very good news for parents who need a quick remedy for their sick children. Any mother or father understands stomach problems are one of the most frequent things their children complain about. Around twenty per cent of children suffer from stomachaches that doctors cannot find a reason for. This new research is especially good for kids with active imaginations. Researchers found that the more creative the child is, the better he or she is at imagining the pain away. The researchers, from America’s University of North Carolina and Duke University Medical Center, used a relaxation CD with children. The kids listened to a voice that guided them through different fantasy situations. One of these was pretending to be floating on a cloud. Thirty children took part in the tests. Half of them used the “guided imagery” techniques, the other half received normal medicines. Researchers found 73.3 per cent of the CD users reported a reduction in pain. This compared to only 26.7 per cent of kids who got normal treatment. Study leader Dr Miranda van Tilburg was very excited about her findings. She believes it could be a very cheap and easy way to stop children’s stomach pains. She said it would not work as well with adults.

Tasks

1.What do you think of this article?
2.Do you believe it is possible to ''imagine'' pain away? Prove your opinion. Will it be possible for children to ''imagine'' pain away? What do you think about our imagination and about childen's imagination?
3. Find in the dictionary other meanings, synonyms for the words ‘stomach’ and ‘ache’.

source

uz augšu Aplūkot vizītkarti Nosūtīt personīgo ziņojumu Apmeklēt autora mājas lapu

Podsolnuh offline Podsolnuh Ziņojums Cet Nov 12, 2009 12:17 Atbildēt ar citātu

Ziņojumi: 4207
Pilsēta: Планета Земля

Hello ladies!
Can I also participate?
It would be grateful to start speak English.
I am sorry for my terrible language and mistakes in advance, because of my low level of English.

uz augšu Aplūkot vizītkarti Nosūtīt personīgo ziņojumu

DiaanaBolgare offline DiaanaBolgare Ziņojums Cet Nov 12, 2009 13:34 Atbildēt ar citātu

Ziņojumi: 173
Pilsēta: Imanta

me too, looking forward to practicing my English. Not being a member of the group, may I participate ?

Diana's Language Coaching
Говори уверенно. Воплощай мечты.
www.dlc.lv

uz augšu Aplūkot vizītkarti Nosūtīt personīgo ziņojumu Apmeklēt autora mājas lapu Skype

helen offline helen Ziņojums Cet Nov 12, 2009 15:52 Atbildēt ar citātu

Welcome, girls!!! Улыбка Цветок Рукопожатие

uz augšu Aplūkot vizītkarti Nosūtīt personīgo ziņojumu Apmeklēt autora mājas lapu

Nyamu offline Nyamu Kreatīvā māmiņa
Kreatīvā māmiņa Ziņojums Piek Nov 13, 2009 01:57 Atbildēt ar citātu

Ziņojumi: 7505
Pilsēta: Рига, Иманта

So, I'll start first.

This article is about a very interesting research. But I'm suprised, that there haven`t been the same researches till this one. I believe, that children are not the only one, who can do it. Everyone can "imagine pain away'. And this phenomena is called self-suggestion (at least it is called like that by my mom Хихи ). Me and my mother are using this occasionly Да-да

As for the third exercise -- I opened my dictionry and was suprised by so many meanings of word "stomach", cause I have known only one meaning till now Хихи
Some of the most surprising meanings for me were: spirit, abdomen, wish and braveness. Also I found one interesting idiom -- "stomach an insult", that litiraly means "swallow an offence".

sinij offline sinij Ziņojums Piek Nov 13, 2009 11:51 Atbildēt ar citātu

Ziņojumi: 1315

So, I will take part in this discussion, too Улыбка

1. We know that children suffer from stomaches. Also, we know that children suffer from stomaches that doctors cannot find a reason for. I`ve read very interesting thing from this article: there is a way to improve the situation - to help our children with their stomache using children`s imagination. Let them help themselves. This is the easiest way to stop pains without medicine Улыбка

2. Of course, it is possible to "imagine" pain away. Not only children do this Улыбка Everyone do this, not except me Улыбка It does not depend on age.

3. Stomach - abdomen, belly, breadbasket
Ache - tolerate, hurt, spite

Noela offline Noela Ziņojums Piek Nov 13, 2009 12:16 Atbildēt ar citātu

Ziņojumi: 487
Pilsēta: Riga, Imanta

nice article
1) Pain in the abdomen is the thing which has to be evaluated carefully. That is my opinion. The thing is that all acute things in the abdominal cavity (I mean appendicitis, t.ex) develop very fast in children. So, it is nice to imagine pain away, I guess, it may work quite nicely, but only after it is clear, that the reason for the pain in abdominal cavity does not have "surgical" origin Улыбка Otherwise - nice method how to get rid of pain without medication, if it works Улыбка I also think that 30 kids - it is not enough to draw such conclusions.
2) I believe that it is absolutely possible to imagine pain, as well as imagine pain to go away. I've seen in my medical practice (long, long time ago) how people believe they have pain, which go away completely after injection of vitamins. If this is possible, the reverse is also possible. As for imagination itself - child's imagination is far more vivid than that of an adult. I guess a lot of research has been done on that Улыбка
3) With "stomach" one can imagine 2 things. 1) = abdominal cavity= abdomen, belly, tummy, guts, bowels, visceral organs etc. 2) = something related to stomach (i.e. gastric..)
ache - pain, hurt, suffering, twinge, to be sore.
Oh, right, now I see other meanings of "stomach" - forgot about those (the ones that Nyamu mentioned) Улыбка

uz augšu Aplūkot vizītkarti Nosūtīt personīgo ziņojumu Nosūtīt e-pastu Skype

Nyamu offline Nyamu Kreatīvā māmiņa
Kreatīvā māmiņa Ziņojums Piek Nov 13, 2009 14:34 Atbildēt ar citātu

Ziņojumi: 7505
Pilsēta: Рига, Иманта

Noela :
nice article
1) Pain in the abdomen is the thing which has to be evaluated carefully. So, it is nice to imagine pain away,but only after it is clear, that the reason for the pain in abdominal cavity does not have "surgical" origin Улыбка

I absolutely agree with Noela, that we should get clear with the cause of ache first, to be sure, it's not something very important, because pain actualy is just a symptom Да-да

sinij offline sinij Ziņojums Piek Nov 13, 2009 16:57 Atbildēt ar citātu

Ziņojumi: 1315

We forgot about PLACEBO. This type of medicine has a success - people`s pain go away, because people BELIEVE they receive real tablets or real medicine from doctors. This is the power of imagination Улыбка

Noela offline Noela Ziņojums Piek Nov 13, 2009 17:45 Atbildēt ar citātu

Ziņojumi: 487
Pilsēta: Riga, Imanta

Placebo effect was the one I described in my post - patient thinks that I'm giving him morphine injection (or whatever pain medication), but in reality it is vitamin c for example Улыбка But pain goes away completely.

uz augšu Aplūkot vizītkarti Nosūtīt personīgo ziņojumu Nosūtīt e-pastu Skype

DiaanaBolgare offline DiaanaBolgare Ziņojums Otr Nov 17, 2009 11:12 Atbildēt ar citātu

Ziņojumi: 173
Pilsēta: Imanta

The given article arouses a discussion, although speaks about evident things. Visualisation is a strong means of helping oneself. Good that children (having more vivid imagination) are under study - that helps the research to be a success.
We people have a strong tool of an incredible force - that is a thought (and imagination of course). We have to learn how to use it. Children might teach us.
The synonime new for me is - to endure - i.e. to be able to accept smth, especially smth unpleasant. There are also a number of unexpected idioms with this word, like to have no stomach for a fight or task, that is to have no desire to do smth, because you don't like doing it.
Ache to do smth - to want to do or have smth very much
dull ache - an annoying pain that is not very painful;
aches and pains - many small pains which you feel at the same time
achy - adj (new for me!) - my arm feels all achy.

Diana's Language Coaching
Говори уверенно. Воплощай мечты.
www.dlc.lv

uz augšu Aplūkot vizītkarti Nosūtīt personīgo ziņojumu Apmeklēt autora mājas lapu Skype

helen offline helen Ziņojums Cet Nov 19, 2009 14:01 Atbildēt ar citātu

Hello everybody! Hi

So, this time due to the National holiday we sum up the results of Lesson 4 a little bit later. Краснею
First of all I would like to welcome the newcomers, it means that our club slowly expends, what is always good for discussions !!! Цветок Цветок Ok

So, the theme of this lesson was Imagination and its influence on some aspects of our life.

All participants suppose that it is possbile to ''imagine'' pain away and not only for children but for adults as well. This is very good, as I also think so and to my opinion this is the next step after homoeopathic treatment.
On ''first level'' we take antibiotics.
On ''second level'' we take homoeopathy.
On ''third level'' we image pain away, like yogis do. Счастье нереальное

And now concerning grammar: this time there were such strong participants, that there is no any remark concerning grammar. Well done! Рукопожатие Цветок Счастье нереальное

Thank you very much for participation and see you in Lesson 5. Hi Счастье нереальное Цветок
Stay tuned!

Sākt jaunu tēmu Atbildēt tēmā

Iepriekšējā tēma ::  Nākamā tēma
Parādīt ziņojumus:   

Рига, Латвия
Pirmd., 29/04
nakts

skaidrs

/images/weather/n_0_10_0_0.jpg
10°..12°

Vējš DA, 2-4 m/s
Atm. spiediens 768..770 mm
Pirmd., 29/04
rīts

skaidrs

/images/weather/d_0_10_0_0.jpg
13°..15°

Vējš DA, 3-5 m/s
Pirmd., 29/04
diena

apmācies

/images/weather/d_3_10_0_0.jpg
22°..24°

Vējš D, 5-7 m/s
Pirmd., 29/04
vakars

apmācies

/images/weather/n_3_10_0_0.jpg
18°..20°

Vējš DA, 0-2 m/s

Piedavāts Gismeteo.Ru

Tagad portalā 1 viesu un 3 lietotāju.
Ja Jums ir vispārīgi jautājumi, lietišķi piedāvājumi vai ieteikumi, uzrakstiet mums vēstuli
© KKM Klubs 2006 — 2022