Sākumlapa  |  Forums  |  Raksti  |  Blogi  |  Galerijas  |  Zīdīšanas konsultanti  |  Nodarbību saraksts
по-русски   latviski

FotoGalerija

Nodarbības

FotoGalerija

FotoGalerija

Radošā darbnīca

Pērk un pārdod

MeklēšanaMeklēšana    GrupasGrupas    ProfilsProfils

Sākt jaunu tēmu Atbildēt tēmā
lapas
1 2
iepriekšējā  |  nākamā

Leonella offline Leonella Ziņojums Treš Okt 21, 2009 01:08 Atbildēt ar citātu

Ziņojumi: 812

3. TEST : Look at the words below. Try to recall how they were used in the text:
link - a tie, connection
proof - a true artefact, a factual evidence,
oldest - first in time
species - a specific group of smth
bones - skeleton,remains
stage - period,
brain - grey matter; that part of the central nervous system that includes all the higher nervous centers; enclosed within the skull; continuous with the spinal cord
upright - erect,vertical
run - move fast by using one's feet, with one foot off the ground at any given time
trees - plants
capsule - a spacecraft designed to transport people and support human life in outer space
unlock – to free, to release, to open

a)Did you like reading this article?
Yes, it is a quite interesting story. Recently I watched a broadcast on TV about Lucy, so it is always useful to know something new, especially if people like a history as me

b)Why are scientists so excited at finding Ardi?
As I understood they found some missed link for their theory that we came from apes. Even if this kind of artifact doesn’t persuade me, it could be interesting and grandiose for its adherents and should be respected, likewise.

c)Would you like to have a job looking for old bones?
No, no, no! I would like to work with other old artefacts, for instance, old documents. It could be very interesting to visit an excavation place, but only if I was ensured there are not remains of somebody.

d)What are the similarities and differences between Ardi and us?
She (or it???) was erect, looked like more as a human not an animal. Differences – a proportion of her body and extremities; too much hair.

e)What will we look like six million years from now?
If we will exist at all!!! The life is cyclic, maybe if there won’t be any interruption, people could be a little bit taller (or smaller than we), much cleverer (possibly people will use not only 2% of their brains, but 50 or 60) with new skills.

f)What have you heard in the news about Ardi?
Almost nothing. The same in the current text.

g)What place in time would you like to visit?
I would be pleased to see Japan in Middle ages (8-10 century).

h)What would surprise Ardi most about life on Earth today?
I think she would not be surprised. Mostly people behaves like apes till now.

i)What other secrets are there for scientists to unlock?
Too many. As said Socrates 'The more you know, the more you realize you know nothing'
j)What questions would you like to ask Professor Owen Lovejoy?
Are you sure it is enough to say we came from apes? (ironic).

uz augšu Aplūkot vizītkarti Nosūtīt personīgo ziņojumu

helen offline helen Ziņojums Treš Okt 21, 2009 16:59 Atbildēt ar citātu

Ziņojumi: 1861
Pilsēta: Рига, Пурвциемс

Hello girls! Hi

I have read all your replies, and I have to say that I am really impressed not only by your interesting detailed answers but also by the knowledge of the background.
It is very interesting to discuss such serious themes with you. Ура!
Some of you covered all given tasks, some just a few, anyway it is always good to think and express opinion on the theme which differs from the typical themes we usually discuss in English (weather, health, family problems, problems at work etc.). Scientific topics always are not so exciting but more thorough for thinking.
Now what I would like to tell concerning the typical grammar mistakes.

I have devided it into 3 groups:
I. Grammar Tenses
Examples:
1. Sometimes 2 different tenses are mixed, like Present Continuous and Present Simple.
I'm believe ( better: I believe )
It's sounds (better: it sounds)

2. The answer normally should be in the same tense as the question was.
Q.: Do we come from apes?
A.:I believe and really hope we aren't (better: we do not)
Q.: Do ghosts exist?
A.:yes they does (better: do) Present Simple auxiliary verb is do/does ( do - I/they/we/you, does- he/she/it)

3. Misuse of tenses
If we will exist at all!!! (it is conditional, after if we do not use will or would, better: if we exist at all)
people behaves like apes (people, usually they, if you did not mean people as a nation, better: people behave)
interesting how world change (better: how world will change, Future Simple)
we knows (better: we know, Present Simple I/they/we/you know he/she/it knows)
would like to be in Las Vegas on Elvis’s concert and having with him afterparty!! (verb patter, better: I would like to have afterparty)

4. Plural
mans and womans (plural: men and women)
babys ( plural: babies)
communitys ( plural: communities)

II. Expressions
There are many different stable expressions in English.
Examples:
I am interesting( expression To be interested in, so I am interested in sth/sb.)
May bee- may be or maybe (bee it is an insect who produces honey)
No, they are intelligent so far as the humans have programmed them (better: are as intelligent as...).

III. Spelling
It is always a problem when you type fast to express your thoughts. I think that you can type your replies in forum, then try to check yourself, and then make a copy-paste to Word and make a spelling check there. Then, try to memorize the words where you had mistakes to avoid it in future.

Now a short summary about the discussed theme. Улыбка
-Most of participants do not want to believe that we descent from apes. Смешно However some participants believe in ghosts and intellectual robots, as movies prove us that it is possible. Прячусь

-The most popular theory how the Earth was created is -either thanks to God or thanks to aliens. Rock

-Also the general conclusion about future is that we will live forever as our sole is immortal. Actually I also think so. Да-да

-And YES, we do not like apes. Especially big one, as they remain us some men from our surroundings and even maybe our husbands Прячусь (joking)Смешно. Хихи
I personally like mostly little cebid monkey, they are so cute.

-The participants would like to use time capsule either to repeat some pleasant or important events in their lives or to see something extraordinary- either beginning of the time or some distant future.

-And finally we all are quite intelligent and realize that there are some physics and chemistry behind all processes on the Earth, plus a little bit of divine.

Most participants found this kind of news interesting as it is tightly connected with our roots and history, for some it was boring. Well, next theme will be more familiar to all women, so stay tuned to Writing Club. Поцелуй Улыбка Цветок Рукопожатие

uz augšu Aplūkot vizītkarti Nosūtīt personīgo ziņojumu Apmeklēt autora mājas lapu

Sākt jaunu tēmu Atbildēt tēmā

lapas
1 2
iepriekšējā  |  nākamā

Iepriekšējā tēma ::  Nākamā tēma
Parādīt ziņojumus:   

Рига, Латвия
Pirmd., 29/04
nakts

skaidrs

/images/weather/n_0_10_0_0.jpg
10°..12°

Vējš DA, 2-4 m/s
Atm. spiediens 768..770 mm
Pirmd., 29/04
rīts

skaidrs

/images/weather/d_0_10_0_0.jpg
13°..15°

Vējš DA, 3-5 m/s
Pirmd., 29/04
diena

apmācies

/images/weather/d_3_10_0_0.jpg
22°..24°

Vējš D, 5-7 m/s
Pirmd., 29/04
vakars

apmācies

/images/weather/n_3_10_0_0.jpg
18°..20°

Vējš DA, 0-2 m/s

Piedavāts Gismeteo.Ru

Tagad portalā 1 viesu un 4 lietotāju.
Ja Jums ir vispārīgi jautājumi, lietišķi piedāvājumi vai ieteikumi, uzrakstiet mums vēstuli
© KKM Klubs 2006 — 2022